Circular References Supported in HTML and Markdown Templates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
asyncapi: 2.0.0 info: title: Example version: 0.1.1 channels: recursive: subscribe: message: payload: $ref: '#/components/schemas/Recursive' components: schemas: Recursive: type: object properties: children: type: array items: $ref: '#/components/schemas/Recursive' something: type: string
AsyncAPI schema with a circular reference.
Generate HTML Docs into a Single File
Thanks to the contribution from Gordeev Artem, you can now generate HTML documentation into a single file. Like what?
Now it is possible! There is a new parameter added to the template called singlePage. Just pass it for example, in the CLI like this -p singlePage=true.
Parser with More Helpers and Better API docs
We released Parser release candidate 5 with features you want to have in a library before you announce the 1.0.0 release. Thanks to generous support from our community member Maciej Urbanczyk, this release candidate contains the following additions:
- Missing externalDocs field in AsyncAPIDocument model
- New functions to all models that need it: hasBindings, bindingProtocols, hasBinding(name), binding(name), extensionKeys, extKeys, hasExtension, hasExt, tagNames, tag, hasTag, hasDescription
- Much better API documentation. In the past, it was not only missing functions that were not available but also functions that were not documented because of the wrong usage of JSDocs. Now see on your own how significant is the change by looking just on the list of functions available for ChannelParameter model:
Hacktoberfest is a great event for people to start contributing to open source. It runs throughout October, and we want AsyncAPI Initiative to join the event. Why?
- Enable different communities to jump into the AsyncAPI projects with simple tasks, so they can get familiar with what we have, where to find things, and how easy it is to kick off with the first contribution
- Show to the community something that might not be so obvious, that the AsyncAPI Initiative is not only working on the specification but also a lot of great tools to make it easy to work with the specification
If you are interested in how we plan to join the Hacktoberfest, look at our plan.
The Highlight of Interesting Discussions
WAMP Protocol Bindings
Go Code Generation
There are community efforts to create a template for generating Go code using the AsyncAPI generator. The initial pull request is opened. You can help even if you are not familiar with AsyncAPI, as you can help with just the review of the generated code. Please join and support here.
AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) open meeting
The last meeting took place on Tuesday, 15th of September, 4PM UTC. Meeting notes and recording are available here.
The next meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday, 29th of September, 8AM UTC.
We work on the agenda for the next meeting here. At the moment, there is nothing in the agenda so you can sneak in your topic easily.